Anxiety in dogs is a common issue that makes them nervous about being alone. There are many reasons for your pet to feel anxious. You might need to look for proper treatments if it happens more often.
Anxiety in canines affects their daily activities, and they become more irritable by showing signs like whining, pacing, and panic attacks. Treatments range from medicines to CBD oils. CBD oil for dogs with anxiety is a natural method of treating the issue with no side effects.
What are the Reasons for Dogs Getting Anxiety?
There are many reasons for different breeds of dogs getting anxiety or panic attacks. However, the common causes include:
- The fear of living alone
- Loud noises
- Any distant sound or approaching thunderstorm
- Being around other pets, or strange people
- A visit to the veterinarian
- Any health-related problem
CBD Oil For Treating Anxiety
Cannabidiol, also called CBD, is a compound that is non-psychoactive and found in natural cannabis plants and is beneficial for humans and pets. According to a business journal, the cannabidiol market will reach 3.1bn sales by 2022.
Cannabidiol is anti-inflammatory and works when your pet has any physical ailments that affect the mental balance. It allows the brain to calm down, fight chronic anxiety and situational fear, and helps the brain respond more correctly to serotonin signals. Allowing some doses will help reduce your pet’s anxiety levels and stress.
Benefits of CBD Oil for Dogs
- Anti-Inflammatory– The oil is anti-inflammatory and helps relieve arthritis, discomfort, or other skin inflammatory conditions.
- Reduces seizures– According to a study, cannabidiol has shown results in reducing the frequency of seizures in canines and controlling the complexity of emotions in them by calming them down. Cannabidiol oils come with a natural ingredient that helps to calm them and reduce the instances of panic attacks.
- Fighting Insomnia– When your canine feels anxious, they are bound to suffer from lack of sleep, and the oil may help them. It will help your canine to relax and overcome insomnia caused by the feeling of anxiety.
- Relieves Pain– Physical pain is the most common reason your pet has anxiety attacks. If your pet has gotten hurt or is undergoing surgery, the pain can be unbearable and will cause them to feel anxious most of the time. Cannabidiol oils will help calm them and bring back their appetite.
- Treating Other Health Conditions– The CBD oil for dogs with anxiety helps fight other conditions. It supports your pet’s health problems, including phobias, digestion issues, joint pain, mobility, and any anxious feeling.
How to Give Oil to Your Dog?
Every dog will react differently when undergoing cannabidiol treatment, and it is always suggested to start with low doses and in short periods, then move to high doses. You can give the supplement to your canine in many ways.
- It can be given directly to the pet’s mouth or gums and is absorbed in the sublingual.
- It is also given in their food and absorbed by the stomach.
CBD oils treat anxiety in canines in the most natural way. You can use them easily on your dogs and help them fight their stress.